Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Grand Canyon!



So Tayton was getting so bored and it was so hot here, I told Levi we needed to go camping. We live a couple of hours away from the Grand Canyon and we have wanted to go and see it since we moved here so we finally went! We left last Monday and drove up on Route 66. It was so fun to see all the little small towns along the way. Tayton was looking for Lightning McQueen and Mater Mater. He found an old rusty truck and said look mom it's Mater Mater. It was so much fun.

We camped overnight on Monday and on Tuesday we saw the Grand Canyon. It was gorgeous. I am so glad we went. It made me want to go white water rafting so bad. It was about 90 degrees during the day and everyone kept asking my how come I had my baby out in this hot weather. I just had to tell everyone we came from Laughlin and I am serious when we left the temperature was 122. 90 seems pretty good compared to 122. It was so fun to be outside the entire day. Tayton had a blast and it was just what he and I needed. The Grand Canyon was so beautiful. None of us had every been there. I just wish we had a little more time there. I wanted to hike down but it is a ways down there and you can't do it in one day. And also I don't think Tanna is up for hiking that far just yet, but one day I will return back to the Grand Canyon and go hiking and see the gorgeous waterfalls. Here are some pictures of our adventures.


I am the cutest boy ever:)


Mom and Tayton at the Grand Canyon, I am looking so good, but remember we were camping the night before.


I love climbing on rocks or anything dangerous for that matter. My mom loves it!


Tayton found a friendly squirrel who liked to eat out of your hands. A ton of people kept feeding it and Tayton just loved it. The squirrel is hiding in the shadows in this picture.



Tanna's first camping trip, big brother making sure she is ok


My gorgeous hubby setting up our new tent!


Dad and Tanna next too this cowboy guy. Notice Tayton is not in the picture, he said the cowboy was too scary.


Here we are on Route 66. This is in Williams, AZ. I love going to new places I have never been before, so much fun.

16 comments:

Holmes said...

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. I think that Tanna did a good job at her first campout. You seem good at taking lots of pictures, poor Erika doesn't have nearly as many as Sariah.

The Johnsons said...

I can't believe that you already took Tanna camping! You are way braver than I am! Looks like you have been having fun. Your kids get cuter every time you post pictures!

Maria said...

look at you go, Kali! I'm impressed. I hope I can be hiking and camping that quickly after I have a baby next time. Sheesh. You go, girl! Looks like you guys had an awesome time!

Heather Palmer said...

What a fun trip! Tanna is so stinkin cute!

Keelee said...

Okay... your baby girl is so beautiful, look at all that hair!! Of course that's the first thing I'd notice! I had no idea you lived that close to Vegas. We are there all time because my in-laws have a home there. I really don't understand how you can stand that heat, it killed me!!

Kacey said...

You need to move out of that heat!!! How do you even stand to leave your air conditioning? We went camping when Wyatt was 3 months old, but I had a trailer....kuddos to you for still doing fun things even with a baby.

Elise said...

We definitely need to get together when you come. I talked to my mom today and she told me that you would be coming on like the 27th which is the day after we leave to go to Nauvoo and I was so disappointed cause I thought that we were going to miss each other. But since you are coming earlier than she thought it will be perfect. You can email me at shopgirl28_82@hotmail.com and we can figure out a time that would work and all the details.

Shan said...

Isn't it so beautiful up there!! We should go camping together this summer, we love Williams!!

The Christensens said...

you have got the cutest kids :) And you are super brave taking your baby camping in a tent so little, I took mine at a week old but that was in a trailer You are Brave...And by the way you look so good. I miss you girl it has been so long since I have seen you~!

Kristen said...

That trip sounds like a lot of fun. I wish we were more adventureous to just pick up and go camping. Especially with a little baby! But I guess you're right, 90 degrees does sound better than 122. That's just crazy!

tina said...

looks like you had a fun trip!! UHP is hiring if he's interested in that. go to statejobs.utah.gov Adam LOVES it!!

They have 20 openings!!

Amy said...

I am so glad that you guys finally got to go to the Grand Canyon. It is beautiful there. No one fully understands the heat unless they live in it. 90 is nothing. You look great for just having a baby! I've got to call you so we can catch up. Talk to you later!

Steph said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Holy cow .. you look so good! You just had a baby and you sure can't tell! You're a hottie! :)

Jenny said...

So much fun! We are a few hours away from the Grand Canyon, too, but I've never been there!

Lisa Lou said...

Tanna is so cute! And it looks like you all had lots of fun at the Grand Canyon. Tayton has gotten so big, it seems like forever since I have seen you all. I am hoping to make it to the Grand Canyon this weekend while I am in Flagstaff.

jill said...

This looks so fun! Your kids are so beautiful! My favorite picture is of Tayton holding Tanna's hand. That is the sweetest thing! You're a great family & I miss you.