Sunday, April 28, 2013

She's here!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I've been a little busy cuddling this cute lil girl!
 Blakeli Rose Winward was born on April 11th, at 4:49 p.m..  She weighed in at a whopping 6lbs 12oz, and was 19 inches long.  She was the smallest of all three of my kiddos.  She has grown a lot in the past two weeks and she now weighs 7lbs 6oz, and is 21 inches.  She is the sweetest baby there is and I am so in love with her.

Tanna is such a great big sister.  She loves little miss Blakeli so much and always wants to hold her and is always kissing her.  I'm trying to have Tanna not kiss Blakeli when she is sleeping but it isn't working that well.  She just wants to kiss her all day long, it's pretty cute.  Not the best picture of Tayton, but he loves her so much and you can tell she loves him back.  She has a big smile whenever he holds her and Tayton even puts her to sleep for me.  He is a huge help and it is fun to see them together.  I thank my Heavenly Father every day for these three miracles that he has given me.  I cherish every moment I can with them.

 She makes some of the cutest faces and she also has some pretty serious ones.  She is such an easy baby and is exactly what I needed.

 Here is our first family photo, and below is me walking in to the Brigham City Hospital.  It took a lot for me to put these beautiful photos of me up here.  But this is my own little journal and I love reading our old posts and I want to remember this day.

I don't know why a lot of people complain about the Brigham City Hospital.  I loved having Blakeli there.  They took such good care of me and everyone was amazing.  I would recommend having a baby here any day.  It was so nice to actually have a positive experience at a hospital for a change.  I was so nervous when I was going in to have Blakeli.  I was even in tears talking to the nurse when I went in.  I was just so scared something bad would happen and Blakeli would end up in the NICU, and emotionally I couldn't have handled that.  The nurse and my doctor calmed me down and everything went perfect.  And even all the other times we have gone to the ER the staff there has always been amazing and taken such good care of us. So thank you to everyone in the Brigham Hospital who has helped our family.  

 This little guy is doing great.  I took him back to school and this is a picture from his first day coming home.  He was asleep within 2 minutes of leaving the school.  He loves being back in school and he is so much happier.  (I don't think he liked his homeschooling teacher as much as he likes his current teacher, she might have more patience then me.)  He did get a slight cold from school and has had to miss a few days because he breathing is rough and he had to go back on steroids to help.  It's a hard balance to find.  Physically I feel like I need to keep him home so he doesn't get sick, but emotionally he does so much better getting back to his routine.  His next surgery is coming up on May 10th so hopefully that will help even more with his airway.  And guess who's birthday it is on Saturday, yep it's Tayton's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We are so excited to celebrate his birthday and we have some amazing things planned.  You will have to wait until my next post to see what we do.  But it is going to be such a special day and I can't wait to celebrate.


1 comment:

Marilyn and Mike said...

Dear Kali - this is the most amazing post ever - Blakeli is absolutely gorgeous! I am sitting here reading your post and looking at the pictures with the biggest smile on my face! You would laugh, but then being a mom, you know baby pictures make everyone gush! The pictures of Tayton and Tanna holding her are priceless. From Blakeli's expressions I think she likes being showered with kisses. I am so thankful you are getting some normalcy back to your life. You continue to amaze us with your strength and positive outlook and I just know Tayton has great things in his future. He has inspired us all to be strong and take each day as a gift. We had a wonderful visit with your mom and dad, and that is another gift from Tayton - turning neighbors into life long friends! Take care and sleep tight! Mike and Marilyn