Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines Day everyone!  We started Valentines Day a little early.  Wednesday night our ward had a party and it worked out nice because Levi had to work on Valentines night.   It was a fun night, here are a few photos.




Girls only picture.



 Blakeli had no desire to wear the hat.



Family photo


Boys only photo


So I had to take Tayton out of school because he kept getting sick and it made it really hard for him to breathe.  But Valentines Day is important when you are a kid and he really wanted his Valentines.  So thankfully Taytons teacher took his box to school for him and he was able to get his Valentines.  Here is his fun box.  Lego's all the way.  Tanna made her own bag at Kindergarten, I forgot to take a picture.



So our day started out going to Tanna's school and helping with her Valentine Party.  She loved it!  Here is the picture of her hair on Valentines Day, she loved it and kept posing.  She loves her hair done and it is just fun to watch her look in the mirror.



So then after the class party we headed down to Primary Childrens again.  We had all ready been there on Tuesday this week, but Taytons right wrist had a huge bump on it and I could tell it was infected.  I couldn't touch it or he would scream and he can't even move his wrist.  So first we went to the plastic surgeons office to see what she thought, then she sent us over to primarys to get an ultra sound done.


 Tayton was not happy.  He wanted nothing to do with it.  Here he is in the ultra sound room.  He just kept screaming and saying he wanted to go home.  Well, they did the ultra sound and found a bunch of fluid and infection underneath his right wrist.  So they had to get it out.  Tayton was crying and mad and was done.  He wouldn't let them touch him, but then I think we had an angel nurse come in.  She went and got her I-pad and asked Tayton is he wanted to play Minecraft.  That boys eyes lit up and from that moment on he was fine.
 So after the ultra sound they took us back to the "Jazz Room."  This is a room that I have never been to.  Sadly I know that hospital too well.  This room had all the jazz signatures on the ceiling, pictures all over, the cabinets were made to look like a locker room.  They had Jazz memorabilia everywhere.  Tayton thought it was pretty neat.  So they put some numbing cream on his wrist and then we talked about doing some sedation medication but because of his airway problems they wouldn't.  So poor kid just had some numbing cream put on his wrist and that was it.  Then they stuck this huge needle in his wrist and drained nasty infection out.  I felt so bad and I wish this could all be over for him.  It has just been a really hard week.  I am just mad.  I feel like this isn't fair.  How does one bad decision of watching older boys play with fire result in a life sentence of medical problems.  I don't get it.   He was seven, he didn't know it was wrong.  Why does he have to suffer the rest of his life because of one mistake at 7 years old.  I have been feeling so guilty.  If I would have been a better mother none of this would have happened.  If only I would have picked him up from school that day.  If only I would have taught him about fire and the dangers of it.  I know it's not my fault but it is really hard to watch your son suffer and knowing that it could have been prevented.

Anyway, so after 7 hours at the hospital it was time to go home.  I realized I hadn't done anything I wanted to get done that day, and I hadn't done anything for Levi.  So if any of you know me, you know I hate fish.  I hate it with a passion.  I hate the way it stinks up my house when it is cooked, I hate the look of it, and the taste of it.  Levi on the other hand loves fish.  So if you bought salmon at Harmons on Valentines Day, some of the proceeds would go to Burn Camp.  I thought it would be a win win situation.  I can show my husband how much I love him by cooking fish and supporting burn camp at the same time.  So here is my very first salmon dinner.  I hope Levi realized how much I love him.  I went way out of my comfort zone for him.  He had to work that night, but at least I got to see him on his dinner break.
So that was our Valentines Day.  I am grateful I got to spend it with the ones I love, even though it's not where I wanted to be.  I hope everyone had a Happy Valentines Day!

No comments: