Monday, August 12, 2013

11 years!


Can you believe this was us 11 years ago!  On August 9th, it was our 11 year anniversary!  We took Tayton up to burn camp on Friday, then we headed up to Park City for a much needed getaway.  My parents watched the girls for us (thanks mom and dad).  We had such a fun time and basically just relaxed and enjoyed spending time together.  I am sad to admit that we haven't been on a real date since Taytons accident.  I have a little PTSD going on and I had a hard time leaving my kids.  I thought this would be a perfect opportunity why Tayton was at burn camp and I am so happy we got to go.  It was hard leaving my kids, but when I went to pick the girls up on Saturday night, Tanna did not even miss me a bit and I realized my kids are in wonderful care and probably had a funner time with my parents then they would have had with me.

The past 9 months have been the hardest 9 months of my life.  I am not going to lie, it has been a struggle with me and Levi at times.  We have been so stressed and at times I really felt like giving up.  We handle stress a lot different, I tend to cry and go absolutely crazy at times.  My stress relief when Tayton was at the hospital was to be there 100% of the time and know everything that was going on.  Levi's stress was to leave and go for a run, take Tanna out, or get away from the situation.  It was hard for me that Levi didn't handle stress the same way I did. What is there a perfect way to handle stress?

Even though we have had our differences, this has brought us together more than I ever imagined.  Levi has been by my side the entire time.  He was there every day in the hospital.  He was there to wipe many many tears away.  He would hold me so close all those nights that I cried myself to sleep.  He would make sure I would eat and help take care of me when I was to weak to even take care of myself.  He is such a great husband and father and I am so proud to call him mine.  There is absolutely no way I would have made it through without him.  He knew right from the moment he gave Tayton a priesthood blessing, that Tayton was going to be fine and he never doubted from that moment on.  I wish I had faith like that.  Levi stayed strong the entire time and I am so grateful for that.  

Who knows what the next 50 years have in store for us, but as long as I have him by my side I know we can do it.  I know we will still have more trials ahead but I pray nothing like this last one.  Even thought trials are hard, the blessings that come from them are amazing.  Happy 11 years Levi, I hope we have many many more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your weekend was so much fun! And I hope Tayton had a blast at burn camp :) the pictures on facebook looked like he couldn't be having more fun. Love you guys! So happy to be apart of your family. You guys have been such an example to me and I just love you all to pieces!

Marilyn and Mike said...

Happy Anniversary to a wonderful couple. I know most (ok, almost all!) of our responses have been to you, Kali, but they're also meant for Levi who has truly been the rock and faith behind every minute of every day. You two are blessed with a great family - we can only have faith it will get better every day! Happy Anniversary - Marilyn and Mike