Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It's a girl!

Or at least we think it is. I went to the doctor yesterday and I had an ultrasound done. The baby had it's legs crossed the entire time except for right at the end. She opened up her legs just a bit and the doctor said he didn't see any male parts but he didn't get that good of a look. He said he is 80% sure it is a girl. I will get another ultrasound done next month and hopefully she will cooperate some more and we will know for sure.

After the doctor I took Tayton to the store and we got him this baby doll. Don't laugh at me, I think it is good for him. He has been so cute with this baby doll. He has been feeding it a bottle, changing it's clothes, and he put it down for a nap yesterday. I was on the phone with my friend and Tayton got mad at me because I was talking too loud and I was going to wake the baby up. It was pretty funny. He was giving it hugs and kisses all day and he even wanted to sleep with the doll at night. I think he is going to be such a good big brother!

14 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Congrats and good luck! :) I don't know anything about having a girl. I bet Tayton will be great with a baby. How fun!

Natasha said...

congratulations!!
Girls are expensive!! You will have lots of fun
Natasha

Jenny said...

Congratulations! Girls are great - a little moody, but great! Hopefully you will get a better shot at the next ultrasound!

Sorry, I swear I didn't know you had a blog! I don't remember you ever leaving me a comment before. I'm glad I found you though!

Andi said...

Congrats!! Girls are a lot different than boys, but both are fun! Brice is a bit more moody than Ashton though! Tayton is so cute and he sounds like he will be a great, big brother!

Becky said...

Congrats to you! I wouldn't know anything about boys, but girls come completely different. If I knew all girls would be like Aubrey (my 2nd) I would want all girls. On the other hand if we would of had another one like Olivia we would be done with kids! But Girls have been SO much fun! Good luck!

Jared & Tami said...

Yeah!!! we are so excited for you guys! Thats awesome. Tayton will be a great big brother!

SO EXCITED!!

Holmes said...

Congrats! Either way it is exciting, but it is fun to both be having girls so close. Wonder if the Davis baby will be a girl too. Love you guys! Sariah loves her doll too. It is so fun to see them take care of the dolls.

Jared & Tami said...

Does your hubby know what you are up to????
Jared

Emily said...

Congrats! Everyone needs a girl!

Jamie said...

That is adorable! He is going to be the BEST big brother! I am so excited for you! How fun to have a boy and a girl! (If you don't soon see an extra body part!) I have to say I am pretty jelous...San Diego, for real, I am jelous!!

Elise said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you to have a girl. People say that boys are more mellow than girls, but Cohen is definitely not mellow AT ALL! He is pretty high maintenance. If girls are less mellow than he is I don't know if I really want a girl when we have another one :) But girls are so much fun to dress and there are way more cute things for girls than boys. Hopefully you get an easy going girl

Walker Babble said...

"Tayton's such a hunk!" I'm teching Faye to say that lol. Congrats to you guys! So excited for you ^^

Kassie said...

Hey Kali! I looked at your blog a few weeks ago and thought that the cute boy belonged to you but I couldn't find a picture of you so I didn't want to say anything in case I was wrong. It is so great to see you and your cute family! Conrats on the new addition!

B&B Goldsberry said...

Congrats. I am so excited for you!! I am sure that it will be fun to have a girl to shop for and dress! :)