Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tanna's Birthday




Here are the pictures you all have been waiting for. Sorry it took me so long but I didn't get home until it was pretty late. Tanna Brooke Winward was born today at 1:57PM. She weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and was 20 1/2 inches. She has lots of dark hair and looks like Tayton did when he was born. She is a healthy little girl that likes to look around and suck on her had when she is not sleeping. So far she hasn't complained much and is happy to be here. Kali is doing great I will let her tell you about Labor and Delivery. Tayton was excited to see his new little sister and is already looking out for her. The nurse came in our room to take Tanna to see her doctor and Tayton got very concerned about her. He was afraid they were going to take her away. After telling him what they were doing he felt much better.

Here is a picture of Kali, Tanna and I shortly after she was born. Kali will probably get mad at me for posting this, but she will get over it.


Here is Tanna after she had her bath.


Here is a picture of Kali and Tanna later in the evening. I'm lucky to have two beautiful girls.


This is me and Tanna.


Here is Tayton looking at his little sister. He wanted to make sure she was OK and was checking out the heart shape monitor on her. He loved to listen to her talk.


This is the first time Tayton got to hold his little sister.

14 comments:

The Robbins said...

She is beautiful, I can't believe all that black hair! Did Tayton have black hair when he was born? I LOVE the pictures of Tayton looking at her/holding her, makes me sooo jealous-Ryker screamed and cried at the hospital cause he didn't want to see me or his little sister. :( Tayton will be a GREAT big bro I can tell. Good luck with recovery and everything, great job!

Holmes said...

Congratulations!!! So happy that it didn't take too long!:) We think she is beautiful! Tayton looks so cute with her. We are so excited. Growing families are fun and exhausting at the same time. Take lots of naps! Have fun!

Paul and Jill said...

Congrats! She is beautiful. I'm glad to hear that everyone is healthy and doing well.
Love,
Jill

B&B Goldsberry said...

Congratulations!! She is such a cutie!! I love that Tayton is so cute with her and wants to make sure she is okay all the time!! I always wanted an older brother for that reason! :) Good luck with everything!!

Rylee said...

Congrats you guys! I am so excited for you!!! She is beautiful!

The Johnsons said...

Congrats! She looks beautiful and healthy! And Kali you look great for just having a baby. Makes me sad that we are so far away and I can't come see you like I did with Tayton. I love that Tayton is so concerned. Kael is still like that with both of his brothers. Congrats!

Kacey said...

Fantastic!!! She's a doll. Love the hair. You are so quick with the post!

jill said...

Congratulations you guys! She is beautiful! I'm so excited for your family. Tayton looks like a wonderful big brother already! Kali, you look so beautiful!!! I'm so proud of you. You're a wonderful, devoted mother! Tanna is a lucky girl. Levi, we can't wait to see how quickly she has you wrapped around her little finger, like a "daddy's girl!" We love you guys & can't wait to meet her! We miss you!

Jared & Tami said...

Congrats!!!! She looks beautiful! I hope everything went well. Tayton looks sounds like he is protective allready. I hope you are feeling good.

Larson Letters said...

Congrats guys!!! She is beautiful! She does look exactly like Tayton did when he was first born! I hope Everett likes and is protective of his sibling when it gets here! Hopefully on friday we can call it a he or a she! Well, good luck and Levi take Tayton as much as you can!

Jessie said...

Tanna is so beautiful! Kali, I hope you are doing well. It's great that Tayton is already into his big brother role. Congrats!

Kristen said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you guys! Tanna is such a pretty name. She's so cute and I'm glad she got here safe and sound. She shares my daughter Cali's birthday too. She turned four on Saturday :). I hope all is going well and that you're getting as much sleep as you can :). Congrats again!!!

Maria said...

OMIHECK! Look at the hair on her head. Was Tayton's like that. Congratulations you guys. Kali - you are awesome! Way to go. It's so hard going through what you just went through, but so worth it. Hope you recover quickly and again, Congrats on your sweet angel, Tanna, arriving!

The Christensens said...

Kail you have got such a beautiful little family. Congrats on the new baby girl she is beautiful!!!