Friday, October 10, 2008

Lovin Eureka!

So the whole week and a half we have been here it has been wonderful. The weather is perfect and things have been going great. Everyday we go for a walk down our street to see the horses, goats, and Taytons favorite, our neighbors puppy. That puppy loves Tayton, it follows him everywhere. It follows us on our walk and it follows us home. Tayton cries whenever it is time to go inside because he still wants to play with the puppy. They are so cute together. So every time we go in Tayton tells me he wants his own dog. Tayton is very specific on what kind of dog he wants. He wants a black doggie with spots and one black eye. Levi on the other hand wants a hunting dog, either a german shorthair or a german wirehair. So if anybody can find a german shorthair or wirehair that is black with spots and has one black eye please let us know.

Eureka is a very friendly town and did I mention is is pretty small. I went into town the other day and everyone knew who I was. Seriously, I went to the library, the grocery store, the museum, and the doctors office. I asked all the people how they knew who I was and they said they heard a new family moved in with 2 young kids and the dad was the new Game Warden in town. So around here I am known as the Game Wardens wife. Yesterday we went to the DMV. Now normally I hate the DMV, long lines and very mean ladies working at the desk. Not in Eureka. We walked in and we were the only ones there. There were two ladies there and one came to hold Tanna why we filled our our paperwork. We spent 5 minutes on the paperwork and about 10 minutes talking to the cute ladies and telling them about us. It was the funnest time ever at the DMV. Also in Eureka, whenever anyone drives by they wave hi, even if they don't know who they are waving too. I really like this friendly little town, I feel safe and it has been fun getting to know a lot of people here.

Oh, I found my camera but the batteries are dead so I will put up more pics once I find the box with the batteries in it.

7 comments:

Maria said...

Glad you are enjoying Eureka. What a fun name. Makes me just want to shout out, "Eureka!"

B&B Goldsberry said...

I am so glad that you are enjoying it there!! That is fun to know everyone! I would be in trouble! I always run into the store here without makeup and not ready for the day because I know I won't see people I know! My odds are good here in slc.. they wouldn't be so much there !:)

Shan said...

I was so bumbed we missed you in BHC!! But I am glad you are there and safe!!!

amber:) said...

I am glad that you guys made it, and even more glad that you love it. We miss you, but I am thrilled that it is not as bad as you thought it would be. It actually sounds pretty fabulous- who knew you could be famous! (everyone knows who you are), just watch our for the paparazzi thay can be dangerous. Love ya miss ya

Andi said...

Don't you just love small towns!! Mountain View is the same way. Everybody waves...people know who you are before they meet you, everyone is so friendly. It is a big change from BHC!!! I am glad that you are liking it!

Anonymous said...

It kinda sounds like Shelley,ID so I'll move there with you guys as soon as we sell. We miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

Kaitlynn would like to leave Tayton a message.
hhhhhh tyhgfcvb cdfgtre

That means: I love you Tayton. I miss you and want you to come back. Do you want to eat purple M&M's with me? I will share my crackers with you.Please write me a letter later.
love
Kaitlynn