Monday, October 6, 2008

We moved!

Sorry things have been just a little crazy at the moment. We are all still alive. This move was by far the craziest and most stressful. But everything worked out how it was supposed too, so I am so grateful. So here is how the move went:

Thursday- Loan officer called and said we won't get our grant $ unless we go to Reno to sign the papers with the title company, but won't tell us what day we need to be in Reno.

Friday- We decided we would pack up and leave Sunday morning. We are all sick, Tanna the worst, she had a fun fever this day. My sweet friend Amber threw me a surprise going away party. I felt so bad, I was late showing up and all my friends were so wonderful and it was hard to say goodbye. I got home from the party and Uhaul left a message saying they don't have a moving truck for us. I finally found a truck up in Kingman and we were supposed to pick it up Saturday morning. I called the store at 4:00p.m. and they said they were closed Saturday and he was walking out the door right then but he would wait for me if I left Laughlin that moment. Levi walked in the door right then so we hurried up and left. (Thanks Amber for watching Tayton.) We started packing that night and we went to bed around 2:00 a.m.

Saturday- Our wonderful ward showed up to help us pack up, we were totally done by 9:30. Drove all day and arrived in Eureka around 8:00p.m. There were so many nice people that helped us unload our truck. I don't know what I would have done without all these wonderful people. Thank you everyone who helped us.

Sunday- unpacked all day long.

Monday- Left at 5:00 a.m. and headed for Reno. Signed our papers at the title co. We got back to Eureka around 11:30 p.m.

Tuesday- We had to drive up to Elko to take the U-haul truck back. Got home around 11:30 p.m. again that night.

Wednesday- We were putting up a little storage shed and we were almost done, it had half of the roof on when Levi leaned on it wrong and broke half of the roof and a couple of major parts. So we ordered new parts for it which should come pretty soon. I will take some pictures later if I can find the box that has my camera in it.

And basically that is our move, we are all still alive and doing good. We still have a lot of boxes to unpack but we found everything we need. Tanna is still sick but hopefully she will get better soon. Tayton loves it so far, he just says our new house needs some grass and a playground. Hopefully sometime soon.

10 comments:

Maria said...

sounds like you have been pretty darn busy these last few days. I'm glad you made it, though! Hope sweet baby, Tanna gets feeling better soon!

The Johnsons said...

I am glad to hear that you are still alive and that you are kind of moved in!! I hope Tanna gets better soon. Sick babies are the WORST!

Whitney and Family said...

Moving sucks!!! Sorry you had a rough move, but hopefully you'll feel settled soon in that cute new house!

Amy said...

Goodness gracious! I thought our move was stressful. I hope that you guys get feeling better. Don't worry about the unpacking. It'll happen when it does. So nice to be in a house though huh? I can't wait to see it.

Emily said...

Wow, sounds like a LONG week to say the least. I'm glad it's over for ya. Hopefully Tanna gets feeling better, poor thing.

Jared & Tami said...

Wow, sounds like a LONG week to say the least. glad to hear you are still alive..... Hopefully Tanna gets feeling better, poor thing. Sick babies are the WORST! I hope things get better soon

Miller time said...

Oh, Im so happy for you. Now you will have more seasons not just the heat. I hope that you all are feeling better. Hopefully brock and I can visit soon. How far away are you from logan any ways?

Andi said...

Sounds crazy, but I am glad that you made it okay. That is a lot of driving to do in such a short time. Hopefully we will be able to come and visit the next time my mother-in-law goes out there.

jill said...

I'm glad to hear you've made the big move. You have great friends! But thats because you are a great friend to everyone! Glad to hear they helped you out so much during this crazy move. Enjoy your new place! I miss you & your family!

Get better soon, Tanna!

Anonymous said...

Ok so you sound like you have a pretty good excuse for not checking in sooner, but we're glad you're all settled. I got your new number so I'll give you a call. Miss you guys already!