Thursday, November 29, 2012

2 weeks

So two weeks ago today was our guys accident. I thought for sure two weeks ago we would be out of the hospital and everything would be great. Not what I expected two weeks later, but I feel so great today. --- Last night was a little rough, we left the hospital and he was really peaceful. I got back to the Ronald McDonald house and I took a shower, and got ready for bed. Every night I call the hospital to see how he is doing. The nurse didn't aswer my call and I knew something just wasn't right. I finally got a charge nurse to speak to me and she said Tayton was having a really hard time breathing and the doctors and nurses were all in his room. I asked if we should come back up but they said his room was pretty full and just to hold tight and they would call me back when they had him under control. That was the longest time of my life, and I have nevere prayed so hard. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and called and the nurse was calling me at the same time. She said I could relax and that he was just fine. My heart was still racing and I couldn't sleep. Finally I was able to calm down and fell asleep around 5:30a.m. I had the sweetest dream about my little Tayton that we were at home and watching a movie and he was so happy. Then the stupid alarm woke me up at 6:30 and I didn't want to wake up, I wanted to go back to my dream. But I had my ultrasound apt at the hospital. Good news, is that my baby is doing great.--- So then we went back up to Taytons room and his vitals were really good. His fever went down and he was really calm. Still I was upset and crying and just a wreck. Later I noticed what time it was and it was the same time as the fire two weeks ago and I just cried. Then our Stake President came in with a member of the 70 from our church. (I think they timed that just perfectly.) I was so stressed and felt so anxious. I was able to get a preisthood blessing that was exactly what I needed and they told me exactly what I needed to here. I know that they are Heavenly Fathers messengers. I felt so stressed and angry before they came and I honestly did not know if my son was going to make it. I always have had hope that he would make it but never really knew for sure. After they left I can tell you without any doubt in my mind, my son is going to make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know it, I feel it, I know it is going to be hard and we will still have lots of challenges ahead of us, but I will fight through everything I am given just to see him smile again. He is so worth it. And just the joy from feeling that comfort is huge.--- Also why they were still here, the doctor came in and explained what the next step for Tayton was going to be. They were going to insert some sort of tubes by his lungs to drain the fluid out, and also by his belly. I'm not going to say I wasn't scared about the procedure but I knew everything was going to be ok. I feel like this procedure was going to be huge to relieve some of the pressure off him. They made us leave the hospital why they did the procedure and I felt fine. I knew everything was going to go great. And everything did go great and as of 8:45 alsmost 400ml of fluid has come off his lungs, and 650ml came out of his belly. His breathing was a lot better.--- Now I know this doesn't mean the rest of this process is going to be easy. I know it is going to be the hardest thing I will have to do, but like I said before, I can't give up. I won't give up. I have faith that he will get through this. He is so worth it and I can't wait until I write down that my dream is a reality. That I get to be home and watch a movie with my son. It won't be anytime soon but it will come. Miracles do come. Hope you all have a good night and thanks again for all the prayers and support. Kali

11 comments:

M. Davis said...

Yay!!!!! :).......

Jared & Tami said...

Yay!!!! I have tears rolling down my face... so happy for you. That is great news!!!!

christa said...

Oh Kali...I am so happy for a little peace for you! You and Levi are amazing. Remember "you can do hard things"

Holmes said...

So happy to hear all of this. If you find yourself struggling in the future, pray to have the same peace given that you received today. The Lord has given that to me when I have asked at times that I especially miss my mom.

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I have tears streaming down my face. I am so happy that he is doing better and that you found some comfort. We pray for you everyday. Hugs.

Unknown said...

Soooooo happy!!!!

Ann Marie said...

I'm bawling my eyes out. I'm so relieved to read everything you just wrote. I have been so scared for Tayton. Hang in there. You are the most amazing person ever. Love ya,
Ann Marie

Elise said...

You are my hero! You are so brave and amazing and Tayton is so lucky to have you as his mom. I'm so glad that you got some peace today. You deserve it! We love you guys and can't wait for you to be home watching a movie with your sweet boy.

Whitney said...

Hang in there! Tayton is a fighter. You are an amazing mother and you two will be watching movies before you know it! See you tomorrow!

Shanna said...

Yep, I'm bawling, too! Beautiful, Kali! I'm so glad you were able to get some peace! Priesthood blessings are so wonderful - I've been the recipient of some awesomely comforting blessings, too! Love you and still praying hard!

Crissi said...

Good thing I don't have to talk to leave this message because the tears have welled up in my eyes and I know I can't speak at the moment. You are an inspiration! Sometimes our attitudes help determine the path that follows. You have amazing strength. What an awesome experience with the Priesthood blessing. Please take care and know that you are loved!