Friday, November 16, 2012

He's a fighter!

Not much to report today. He did make some very minor improvemnets but he is a lot more swollen today. The doctors and nurses tell me that is normal for burn victims. The peak time for swelling is 24-48 hours, so we have about 18 hours left for swelling. It's so hard to look at him when he doesn't look like himself. They put in a feeding tube today so he can get the nutrition his little body needs. I found out today it will at least be until Thanksgiving until he is taken off the ventilator, so he will still be in critical condition until they take it out. He seems to come in and out and he tries to communicate. He will wiggle his feet and it's fun to know he can hear us. We read him some storied today and let him listen to the movie Brave. I thought it was appropriate because he is being so brave. We are so appreciative of all the love and support we have gotton. I wish I could respond to all the messages individually, but just know we appreciate everything that has been done for us and our family. I had my surgery in May here and I knew back then this was the best hospital. The doctors and nurses here are amazing. They know how to help me cope, and they are so good with Tayton. Couldn't ask for any more. I am just so greatful he has made it this far. Two of the other boys got released from the hospital today, so that made me happy. We still have one of the other boys here in the hospital with us. Please pray for him too. I know of his situation but for respect on their family I won't say how he is doing but he could use some prayers too. Thanks again for all you have done for us, the messages really help us and I feel the support and love from everywhere.

10 comments:

christa said...

Tayton is a fighter! You and Levi are strong and will make it through this together.

Jade and Todd said...

Kali
We are thinking of your family so much. We have been to the same burn center 4 years ago with Marli. They are the best and you couldn't be in better hands! I'm sure you have already realized that! So sorry for all this crappy stuff you all are going through, but you have more people than you'll ever know cheering for Tayton here at home!!!!

Ann Marie said...

It was so good to see you and Levi today. Wish it was for a better reason. Hang in there and take care of yourself too. He's an amazingly strong boy with so much left to do in this life. We love you all!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update. He will be ok. He has so many people praying for him right now. My boys have talked about him all day and wonder what we can do for him. What books does he like or movies? And how can I get them to you? Trey is heartbroken for him and would really like to do something. Still praying our guts out for all of you. You guys are amazing.

Gwen G said...

Dear Kali, Just found out it was your little guy that was involved in this tragic accident. Our hearts are with you during this time of trial. You are amazing Kali and I know your family is going to be blessed. We are praying for your little guy and know he is in the best care. Keep the faith!!! We love you!

ack said...

Kali sorry about Tayson. Of there is anything we can do we are only a few hours away and would love to help in any way. Candice and I will pray for you all.

M. Davis said...

It's nice to hear of the little improvements, like toes. I hope the swelling goes down soon. I'll be praying for him to improve more, and more, and more. Poor little guy. I'm glad you get those wiggly toes!!!!!! Thank goodness for toes! Praying for you all the time!

Jamie said...

Kali, you are a fighter too! Tayton is so lucky to have such wonderful parents like you:) I'm so happy to hear there has been some improvement.. we are going to keep sending lots of prayers and love your way and to the other families involved!

Unknown said...

I'm soo sorry Kali. In my mind you are still my little girl's best little friend and I hate to see you going through this. It is so scary how our lives can be turned upside down in a heartbeat. My mother used to say something comforting to me when I went through trials. She said "This too shall pass." Things will get easier as Tayton heals. I love you.

Shan said...

You are so amazing! It is wonderful to hear how we'll everything is going. You amaze me with every comment you make. You continue to find something positive in such a scary situation. We continued to pray for you. Chase is praying for Tayton also