Friday, November 23, 2012

He's a trooper!

Isn't he the cutest boy you ever did see!
I'm pretty sure he won't mind me posting this picture of him on the Air Med. I think he will just be mad because he won't remember flying in it. I think someone from the media took this picture. My heart still drops to my stomache when I hear the helicopters fly in. I just pray for the person and their families.
Today has been a pretty good day. Not a ton of progress but his face is looking so much better. The swelling has gone down a lot in his face, and his vital signs have stayed where they need to all day. They also turned his oxygen down to 60% and he has been pretty stable with that, so overall a pretty good day. - Some other news we learned today, is they think why he has been having such a hard time breathing is because he inhaled some of the fumes, and this is a side effect from those fumes. The bad part about that is even though the swelling is going down a bit his little lungs are not ready to be taken off the ventilator. It looks like it will be another week. And now that he has been on a ventilator for 8 days he has an infection in his lungs. So he now has a fever but they will put him on some antibiotics, so hopefully that will help. He also got his second blood transfusion. Our new goal is to be out of here before Christmas. I wish I could post pictures of his room and all the cards, and packages he has been getting, but I really have no way of getting them from my camera on to the computer. We are taking pictures, but I won't put any up of Tayton until he tells me to.- Also today I snuck Tanna over to Primary Childrens to the toy room. They had volunteers there who had craft and paint kits for the kids. It was really fun for her and we had a good time. She made a star, duck, and a car for her brother. She also painted him a picture and we hung it up in his room. She loves her big brother and he loves her so much. I had a good time with Tanna and I loved being with her.- Thanks again for all the prayers, we still need them.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Agree! He is the cutest boy! Still sending love and prayers.

Unknown said...

Hey Kali, All the ladies at aerobics send their love. We pray for you all before each workout. We love and miss seeing you.
We are praying for Tayton here at home too! If you need anything at all let me know. You are an inspiration to us all!
We will keep the love and prayers coming! - Amie Coburn

M. Davis said...

He is very cute!!! :). I think it is sweet that your aerobics class prays for him before each class. It is nice to hear that everyone loves and cares for you all.

Matt said...

I'm so glad to hear that he has been peeing better! I've been praying for that since we saw you on Wednesday. We love you guys :) I just wish there was more that I could do to help.

Elise

Unknown said...

What a cute picture of him!! We are all still praying for him. At night haidyns personal prayers are added with "please help my best dude." If you are able too rub some of the breathe oil on his feet it may really help with his lungs.. only a couple of drops on each foot and can be applied every half an hour. I think about you and your family constantly. You are such a good mommy! *hugs*

The Thurgoods said...

Kali,
You really do have two of the cutest kids I have ever seen and another one on the way... What a blessing. Thank you for sharing your experience and Tayton's progress with all of us. You are in my prayers. I have always thought the world of you and now I think you are amazing! Hang in there!!! Sending big hugs! Xo!

WW said...

Kali, you really do have the cutest kids! I pray every night for your little Tayton. You are an amazing woman and I admire the strength and courage you have.
Brooke Adams low