Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 6

So I was counting and we are on day 6 in the hospital. So basically today he was just trying to heal and relax. He is still sedated because of the ventilator but he does move a lot. It is a little scary when he starts to move around because you can tell he is in pain and not enjoying the ventilator. Hopefully we can get him off the ventilator soon but we have to wait for him to stop holding on to all his fluid. So please pray that he can get his body moving the fluid. - For some reason when I start a new paragraph it doesn't show, so if I'm jumping around it means a new paragraph. Tonight my parents came to the hospital to watch Tayton so we left and did some grocery shopping, then we took it back to the Ronald McDonald house. Paul Milsap from the Utah Jazz came and signed autographs and served us dinner. He signed a picture for Tayton that said keep fighting and then gave him a Jazz blanket. I am sure Tayton would have loved seeing him. Then after dinner they had some activites for the kids. Out of all the games in the world they had lego games. Tayton loves legos and I know he would have had a blast. We didn't stay because I wanted to get back to my little guy, but thanks to my mom and dad for watching him for a bit. - They are having a fundraiser for all the boys at the Peak on Nov 30th. I hope you can attend, because I want the other families to know people care about them. I know you all care about us and I feel so loved, I want to make sure the other families have that too. But please keep Tayton in your prayers, and right now please pray that his little body can get his fluid moving again. Once he can do that, then we can make some major improvements. So thanks again to everyone for all their help. I am truly blessed to have so many wonderful people in my lives. I am so lucky to have my little guy. I am so grateful to be his mom!!! It is the hardest thing I have ever been through to watch my son be in pain and know there is nothing I can do. I feel so helpless but I know over time things will improve. This is just a hard lesson for me to learn patience. I am still so amazed at the love and generosity of others, when I am on my feet again I will pay it forward.

12 comments:

M. Davis said...

I'm so glad your parents could sit with Tayton so you could do what you needed to do. I would be willing to sit with him if you need me. Still praying for you. I'll be sure to pray for the fluids to get moving, but I'm not sure what that means. God will understand though. :)

Melissa said...

Keep these posts coming. I know I am not the only person grateful for news and updates of how everything is going. I also know I am not the only person praying for him and for your whole family. We love you, and when Tayton is doing well enough, we want to come take you out for a girls' night!

Michelle said...

I am Michelle Warner. I am in the RS Preidency in your new ward and I also got to know Tayton last year when I subbed for Miss Davis. I love Tayton. He is a great kid. I love his smile and positive attitude. Your family and Tayton are in my prayers. Please let me know if you need anything at all. Sending you lots so love and prayers.

Jade and Todd said...

Oh Kali, I am so sorry, hang in there, things are going to get better. I know it. Your amazing, the way you see all the little blessings through all this. You are taytons mom for a reason, that's for sure! We will continue to pray our guts out for you all!!!!

Anonymous said...

Kali and Levi you two are amazing! I love your family so much. You have been such a blessing in my life and Tayton and Tanna are rays of sunshine. Keep being strong. I'm so happy to hear how much better he is doing. I love you guys and you are all in my prayers. X's and O's to Tayton :)

Holmes said...

We are grateful that we can read updates about Tayton and the rest of the family on your blog. The girls ask how he is doing every day. Not a prayer is said in which help for Tayton and the doctors aren't petitioned for. We love you guys!

Heather said...

Kali hey Heather Jeppsen Tayton's football coaches wife. Our prayers are with you. I don't know if you knew this but exactly a year ago we were at Primary Children's and staying at the Ronald McDonald home. We have special memories of our experience, even though it was scary at times and emotional we felt loved. It took us a month and we finally were able to be home together for Christmas. This is my prayer for you!

Take care,
Heather

Jessica Davis said...

Kali, I just want you to know Tayton is in our thoughts and prayers. My little Kendall asks me about him each day and keeps him in her prayers as well. Sending lots of love your way! You have so much strength, courage and such a positive outlook. You are an amazing woman!

Mellonee said...

Many prayers from our home too. Our family in Idaho put his name on the prayer roll there, they know Cory from her service to our family. Thanks for the updates, our hearts are often on your family and we love to check up on how he is doing.

Valerie said...

Kali, Thanks for the updates. My family and I are thinking about Tayton all the time. We love you guys. Hugs!

Ronda said...

My name is Ronda Mills, I live just a few houses down the road to your new place. We were so sad to hear of Tayton's injuries. Our little five year old got second and third degree burns last year and spent time at Brigham City Hospital and at U of U burn center. It is a heart wrenching thing to go through. Your family is in our prayers and we look forward to getting to know you. If there is anything we can do just let us know. Our daughter is especially praying for Tayton even though they don't know each other yet. (801)737-9610 please don't hesitate to call if you need anything.

Unknown said...

Kali!! You guys are such a strong family. I dropped off some oils for you and your family. I hope the will help. You can apply a few drops of lavender and breathe to the bottoms of his feet I hope that will help! The other oils are really good for aiding in anxiety and lifting your spirits! You are in our prayers! My kids wanted to give tayton and tanna the stuffed animals! Love you guys!!