Monday, November 19, 2012

Big Surgery Day!

So today was the big surgery day. He went in for surgery around 8:00 a.m. and got out around 1:30. So quite the surgery but the doctor said she took her time because she did not want to limit his ability later in life. She said his little hands look as great as they could look. I guess where they take the skin from gets really painful, so hopefully he will recover from that. But the biggest concern is still with his body adjusting to the fluids. He is still on the ventilator and still really swollen. He is still sedated and will be for the next couple of days. He just needs time for his body to heal. Levi and I are staying in the Ronald McDonald house. It is a wonderful place and when we get back on our feet we plan on volunteering there. Today I aslo met a man who had been burned over 75% of his body. He has been here for over 6 months. He is recovering great and it gave me hope that he can get through this. Tayton was only burned on 14% of his body, so if someone can recover from 75% he definately can recover from his. Today I am feeling comforted that he is going to make it but it won't be an easy thing to do. I honestly don't care how long it takes, or what he will look like when it is all over, I just am happy he is still here. Also today I keep thinking about his future and maybe how this is going to change him for the better. Who knows, maybe he will even be a burn surgeon one day. I just know the Lord has great things in store for my little guy. I am also for such a great husband who has been my rock. He keeps me strong when I have my metltdowns. He gives me the strength I need to get through the day. He also got some letter today from the kids and teachers at Willard Elementary. It was so fun to read them and when Tayton is alert I know he will love to read them. And I am so greatful for all the help that everyone has given us. There is no way I could make it through without it. I can't believe the kindness of people I love of complete strangers. I am overwhelmed at how many amazing people there are in this world. So thank you to everyone for the prayers, gifts, letters, and everything else. We really appreciate it. Keep the prayers coming please.

5 comments:

christa said...

So glad to hear the update. We love you!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the updates. We are Corey's friends. Our prayers are with you and Tayton. He is blessed with a great family. With lots of hugs....
Shellee Stoughton

The Johnsons said...

Kali I am so glad that his surgery went well. You are in my prayers. As a mom who has a son that has struggles and has been through a lot of surgeries I know a tiny bit how you are feeling. Just know that Heavenly Father knows too and he is there with you and Tayton. If you ever need someone to talk to I'm here.

RC said...

Kali and Levi please let me know how I can get something to you guys. I want to help but not sure where you are...Bishop C (the old one from BHC)

Unknown said...

Kali.. I can't tell you how haidyns disability has added so many blessing to our lives. My girls are so good to others with disabilities and has given our family new perspective and looking at others through Christs eyes! Faith does not make things easy but it makes them possible!! All my love!!