Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today was bitter sweet. We started out the day pretty rough. Tayton was really struggling with his breathing today. He was breathing really fast and not getting enough oxygen. It was not fun. They had quite a few different respiratory therapists come and try to help but nothing was working. Finally they called a therapist from down in the NICU and he got his breathing under control. Yesterday Tayton was on 40% oxygen and today he is at 75%. Not the improvement I was wanting but he's still here.- On the positive side he really responded to the water pills today. He was peeing!!!! Never thought I would be excited for pee. It was too much though so they are halfing his medication. They said they want him to loose the fluid gradually, not all at once. So your prayers really worked, thank you. But I think it is hard breathing when you have all that fluid, so hopefully we are making progress with the fluid which will help everything else.- Also we saw his skin graphs today. I don't know what I was expecting, but it was hard to look at. The doctor said it looked just like it should so that is good news.- My parents brought our little Tanna down today for Thanksgiving. It was nice to have all my little family together and my parents did bring us a plate of Thanksgiving food, so we did get to eat some turkey.-If none of this had happened, I would most likely be out black friday shopping. Trying to get some good deals for Christmas. I must say because of this trial, it has definately put things into perspective for me. I don't care about toys, electronics, or other material items. I am so thankful for my precious little family. I am so grateful to be a mother to my wonderful children. I am so happy for the little miracles that I see with my son. I am grateful that I get to be a mom again to a baby girl in April. It's hard being pregnant right now with all the stress going on, but hopefully by April Tayton will have improved a ton, and I can handle helping Tayton with everything he needs and also take care of a 4yr old, and a newborn. I am so greatful for great doctors and nurses who take such good care of my precious, precious, son. I am greatful for my religion, I don't know how I could keep going. Just when I feel like I can't get through another minnute, I feel someone holding me. I know it's Gods helping me through this. I remember when Tayton was two, he cut himself on a can lid and had to get stitches. I had to leave the room because I was crying so hard. This has definately made me stronger. I hope no other mother has to see their son like this. Anyway, have a Happy Thanksgiving and I am again so grateful for all I have and that I had another day with my Tayton, Tanna, and Levi.- Tanna wants to write on the blog, so here she is- tannatannatanna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kali,

My heart is breaking for you and your family. I am so sorry you are going through this.

When I was two years old, I caught my left hand in a window fan that was missing the front cage and had to have a skin graft. Though I don't remember anything from the accident, I always think about my poor mother and the stress and pain she went through. I can imagine you are suffering the same and my thoughts and empathy are with you. I'm sending you and your boy good vibes!

Also, thank you so much for subbing for me while I was away. I am grateful to you!

God bless you and yours,
Bonnie Mortensen

christa said...

Kali..good to hear some things looking up! We are thinking of you always!