Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Up day

So we started out the day a little rough. I called this morning right when I woke up to see how he was doing, and they said his kidneys weren't doing so good when they upped his water pill medication. I just started to bawl and couldn't eat breakfast. I was just devastated. I just felt like I couldn't do another bad day. - - So we got to the hospital and the doctor asked why I was crying. Then I told her about the kidney thing and she said we are just going to lower back on his medication and things will be fine. Also they got his blood back from the lab and it was the best it looked in 4 days. So they past two days they have given him a paralyzing drug to let his body rest. His blood pressure was getting pretty high and same with his heart rate. But everyday they have to stop the paralyzing drug to make sure he is still ok. They said they will just take him off for a while then put him right back on. When he came out of the medicine he was still sedated but his heart rate and blood pressure went back normal. He was doing great and they didn't have to put him back on. - - - His swelling has gone down a bit and he even opened his eyes for the first time in 4 days. He moved his feet and his arms. It was so fun to see that again. I can't wait for when he gets to sit up and talk to me. The doctors said he doesn't do anything by the book but today was a very critical day and he made improvements, so that is huge! - - - I also had a doctors apt. today and my little girl is doing great. That was a big stress relief. I got to see my little Tanna today and that was so fun to get a big hug and kiss for her. Thanks to everyone for helping out with her. I got some amazing packages from friends and family. It will be nice to have projects to work on here so I don't go to crazy looking at white sterile walls all day long. - - - Thanks to everyone for all the prayers, letters, cards, packages, dinners, and everything else that you do for us. We feel so loved. I know were not out of the woods yet and we will still have our ups and downs but at least we have some up days. So grateful for my little family and I am so blessed to be Taytons mom. Love you bud, keep having good days. Keep improving, love you most! Mom

6 comments:

Our Family said...

Oh Kali! I am so happy that there were more little improvements today! I think about you all often throughout the day. I am constantly checking for updates. We love you! Keep going Tayton! We love you and are praying for you!
~Michelle Davis

Jared & Tami said...

YEAH!! So glad for little improvements!! THats awesome!! Glad your little girl is well too. You amaze me and i think about you guys often throughout the day!! Praying for you daily!!

shanae said...

thank you for your post's on tayton. i want you to know you are my hero, i don't think i could do what your doing. every morning before we go to school we have a prayer and each kid gets a turn all three of them have been keeping tayton and your family in our prayer's keep up the good work.

Dawn said...

Kali, You don't know me but I work at Three Mile Creek elementary school. I have been following your posts and want you to know that Tayton and your family are all in my prayers. I pray daily for his improvements and for you to be strong. I am really good at praying for miracles and I know they really do happen :)

Crissi said...

So great to hear of your uplifting day! It is always darkest before the dawn breaks! Praying for the good news to continue.

Marilyn and Mike said...

Kali, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers every day. Tayton is first on our minds in the morning, and last when we go to sleep at night. We know Tayton can feel your strength and love and rests easier knowing his mom is watching vigil over him while he sleeps and heals. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and updates with us all.