Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day #4

So as some of you know last night was a little rough on Tayton. I came in this morning and saw him and pretty much just lost it. I think it is finally sinking in that this is my reality. I saw some major improvemnts yesterday but then last night and this morning it was hard. The swelling did go down a little and they gave him some medicine to help the tissues in his lungs release fluid and it was working. He is still struggling with his oxygen levels, and his little heart rate is still high, again things they say are normal with burn patients. I honestly just thought that on Thursday I would take hime to the Brigham City ER, they would put some burn cream on, wrap up his bandages and we would be home. I laugh at myself for thinking it would be that easy. I have never really seen or heard about burn victims and I never knew what a slow and hard recovery they have. The doctor keeps telling me I can't put a time frame on things. I keep asking how long will it take until this happens, or when can he do this. She said I will get nothing but dissappointed if I keep trying to put time limits on things. I was asking when he could go back to school and she said if he goes back to school before the school year is over will be amazing. She said getting released from the hospital and going back to school are totally seperate things. So I just need to be patient and take each day at a time. Today they just kept him pretty sedated and he didn't communicate much. He did open his eyes a little more today and I got to see his beautiful big brown eyes. But he needs lots of rest because tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. is his big surgery. Oh and some other good news they may not have as much skin graphing to do as they originally thought. I guess we will see how tomorrow goes. Oh also good news, the only other boy from the accident should go home tomorrow. I am so glad he gets to go home but I will miss his cute little face coming in to check on Tayton. Alot of the police officers wives donated this huge basket of toys, food, movies, cards, and all sorts of other fun things for us. I am so appreciative of them. Then we also got some fun get well cards from the primary kids at church and just amazing other gifts. Thank you so much to everyone, we really appreciate it. Well I am actually going to try to get some sleep tonight, I am running on empty but my mind just doesn't shut off. But pray that surgery goes well.

5 comments:

Rikki said...

Kali,
I took Noah to gymnastics today and found out the sad news. I just want you to know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

With Crazy Love Jeff and Jamie said...

You and Levi are amazing people! You're fighters and Tayton is lucky he has such great parents. Been praying for you all. In fact Bode (my 6 year old) and I said a silent prayer on Saturday at the wrestling meet just for Tayton! Bode felt it was really important that (mommy's friend's little boy was there in spirit)! Got to love little ones! We'll keep you all in our prayers! Love you!
XOXO, Jamie Powers Hester

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

Kali,
My Mom just gave me your address to your blog. I am so sorry to here about Tayton. He is such a fighter! and you are such a great Mom! Sending lots of Prayers!
KoriAnn

M. Davis said...

What a hell-ish rollercoaster you're on. :( I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. I'm glad that Tayton can respond a little, with his toe wiggles and such. That's encouraging to hear, even though there is so much still to be concerned with. I am still praying for him! I think of him all the time. I hope his surgery went well today. Love ya.

Anna said...

Just wanted to let you know we are praying for Tayton. You probably don't know me, but I know we know a lot of common people. I used to be in your ward area about 4-5 years ago. I know quite a few people on your block from before the ward split. Also, the other little boy that got burned (yay that he is released) is in my son's class.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that we're praying for Tayton and your family.