Saturday, November 17, 2012

Up's and downs

Today started out really good, the swelling in his face went down a little which meant he was improving. He seemed to be a little more alert because they were bringing down the sedatives. I played some of his favorite songs for him today, and when Eye of the Tiger came on he started moving his feet like he was trying to show us his awesome dance moves that he does. I was able to tell him how many people were being so generous for him. He was kicking his feet and he even was able to open his eyes for a moment. His eyes are still so swollen so he can barely open them. He told us by wiggling his feet that he could see. It was fun to have reaction with him and you can tell he is trying so hard to talk but can't with the ventilator in. He keeps trying to push it out with his toungue. Poor kid, but hopefully we can get him off the ventilator soon. My family told me we had so many people come and help with the move today. I just want to tell everyone how appreciative I am. I wish more then anything I could have been moving today instead of being where we are, but at least I get to be with my son. Today my sister brought Tanna to me. I haven't seen her since the Brigham City ER and I was really excited to see her. She seemed to be a little stressed about seeing her brother and didn't want to go see him. But I still took her in because I want her to know the reason why I am not with her is because I'm trying to be there for Tayton. She only stayed a minute in the room then I took her back to our hotel and got her a bath and we had a great mommy-daughter talk. After our time alone together we went back and saw Tayton and she did so much better and Tayton even waved to her. So it looked today like things were getting a lot better. So we decided to take Tanna out to her favorite restaurant McDonalds. Then we took her shopping and got her a dream lite. We got back to the hospital and found there has been a few complications with Tayton. His oxygen levels were getting pretty low. So they are trying to figure out why. They did some chest exrays and found that the tissues in his lungs are holding to much fluid. They are putting him on special medication to get the fluid out of his lungs. I guess this is a normal complication for someone with this severe of burns. So hopefully the medicing kicks in and we also have to adjust the ventilator tube a bit so it is more centered in his lungs. His right side was getting more oxygen then the left. So that is where we are at now, just waiting for good news that the medicine will kick in and start getting the fluid out of his lungs. I know we are getting lots of prayers but please, please, please keep them coming. I think if we can get over this little hump of swelling and fluid problems, we should be ok. Also we still have to worry about ingfections but he hasn't been getting a fever and his white blood cell count looks to be ok for now. Thanks again for all the love and support, I can't tell everyone that enough. Keep fighting my little man, your being so brave and if anyone could make it through this it's you. You are the toughest little boy ever! I am so proud to be your mom and I could never have the strength you have. Your amazing and I am so blessed to call you my son. I love you most! Mom

No comments: