Friday, November 30, 2012

Pictures

My sister says my blog needs pictures, so I figured out how to get them from my phone to computer. One day I will be smarter then my smart phone. So I took a few pictures of my favorite things here in Taytons hospital room. In no particular order, here they are:
All the fun baloon and packages is his room. Sorry I didn't dare move all of his iv things, but look we are cutting down on the medicines.
All the amazing doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists, and other people I am forgetting. There are five other people in this picture that I couldn't fit in. Sometimes it gets a bit crowded in here, but I am so grateful for everyone of these people. We are making some amazing friendships with the staff here. I hope no one ever has to come here, but if you do they are amazing! They help make miracles happen.
All the cards he gets, I hang on the wall, as you can tell we are running out of room. Can't put anymore below because there is a bio-hazard garbage can that gets used once in a blue moon and I can't put anymore on top.
Overflow wall, and you can't tell in the picture but it still goes over quite a ways, but then the medical supplies start getting in the way. But I love to hang these up because I feel so much love and support from everyone. Also a few other things that I didn't take pictures of are a picture of Jesus holding a little boy, and pictures of our family, and our little boy having fun. We even have his flag football team picture. I love it! Then we also got a Utah State banner hanging up and being at the U of U we sometimes get some crap about that but I think we are turning them into Aggie fans. Tayton is a huge Aggie fan. Don't tell Paul Milsap this, but he signed a autograph for Tayton and it said keep fighting which was really sweet and I hung it up, but I think Tayton would be more excited if an Aggie player signed it. shhhhh don't tell. He will still be excited about Pauld Milsap but we really don't follow the Jazz. We are true Aggies!
This isn't really one of my favorite things, but I think they look so funny on him. They are his new boots to help support his feet. They don't have any kid sizes so we have to put him in adult sizes.---------- So today has been a pretty good day, nothing bad or crazy so that means a good day in my book. Since the procedure last night this amazing little boy of mine has lost 900ml of fluid in his lungs/chest and over 1000ml in his stomache/abdomen area. So when Tayton came in he weighed 49lbs. Yesterday he weighed around 69lbs. That is 20lbs of fluid. Could you imagine almost half your body weight with excess fluid. So getting this fluid off is huge. His breathing is so much better, and I know he feels so much better. Hopefully we can keep it up. I have been listening to his lungs everday and they sound much better today. And for the first time since we have been here, his white blood cell count went down! I am one pround mom. The doctor even did another ultra sound and found some more fluid but not enough to put another tube in his other lung or other side of his belly. So happy and glad it is doing it's job and getting rid of the fluid.-------------- Also Happy Birthday to my beautiful, amazing mother. You are the best mom and grandma a kid could ask for. We love you so much and hope you had a great day. -------- Thanks to everyone who came to the fundraiser tonight. Wish I could have been there, but I need to be here with my amazing little boy. I heard it was amazing, and so many people helped donate items and time. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am so amazed at the generosity of others. I feel so loved and blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives. Have a great night and I love you most Tayton!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to hear that he is doing better. WOW! 20 lbs of fluid. Thats CRAZY!!!!

I don't know if Tayton would care but I could get you an autograph of a former Aggie player. Just FB me when you can if you want me to ask him.

WAY TO GO TAYTON!!! Trey can't wait for you to come play.

Marilyn and Mike said...

That is great news - every small step is a giant move forward. What a little trooper. The fund raiser was huge and shoulder to shoulder people from the community. You could feel the love and prayers for all. Take care, please know you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Mike and Marilyn

Linda said...

Dear Sweet Kali! I join so many others in keeping a prayer in my heart every minute for your little family. When I read your blog it reminds me so much of the things we went through with my dad a couple of years ago. He was in a 4-wheeler accident, not burned, but the lung issues and fluids are so similar during the months we sat with him in intensive care wondering what was next and how he was going to make it. I just want you to know that during those ups and downs and wondering what the future holds, I know those feelings and what you are describing. I'm so happy you received such confirmation in your blessing that Tayton is going to be ok. When things seem so bleak it's hard to remember that peace and comfort, but hold to it. He will still have ups and downs, but what a great blessing to know he will be well again. Seeing Levi at the fundraiser last night just reminded me how your cute little family life has been uprooted and shaken, and nothing is the same anymore. Thank heavens you have such good family and friends and the peace of the Gospel. You have these things because you are such good people. God bless you, Kali!

Jessica Ellis said...

My husband hated those boots, but he had graphs on his feet so I could only imagine how uncomfortable he was. I am so happy your little boy is improving it makes not only me, but my husband so happy. The nurses, doctors, physical therapist, everyone there are so amazing! Our most favorite nurse is Thayne, without him I truly believe my husband wouldn't of made it out of there as fast as he did. Keep your head high. His day will come :)