Saturday, December 1, 2012

Fundraiser

So my sweet sister took all these pictures for me and helped update my blog. I tried last night to put a cute Christmas background on and it ruined it, so thanks to my sister for helping me out.
So they had these shirts at the fundraiser and I love them!!!!! I can't wait until I get to wear mine to the hospital. I want to pass them around to all the doctors and nurses up here, but I don't think the hospital would like that to much. Last night there was a news anchor from channel 5 infront of the hospital doing a live report and I so badly wanted to go steal the shirt from her. Hopefully mine will get here soon.
Thanks to everyone who came. It's not about the money for us, because right now money has no meaning in my life. What matters most is that I have my little family here and people that love and care about us in our lives. And for so many people to show up and support us was amazing. It makes this huge trial in our lives a little bit easier to know that people love and support us and really want what is best for Tayton.
The two best Grandpas in the world!
The fire crew, I heard they did an amazing job teaching kids about fire safety. I plan on doing a lot of that when Tayton gets better so this doesn't have to happen to anyone ever again. As much as I love the burn unit up here, my goal is to put them out of buisness so no one will have to go through these hard trials.
Some of the other boys involved in the accident with Santa. One boy was still missing, but it makes me so happy to see them happy. I know they are struggling with all this to, and it was so great to see smiles on their faces. Besides the physical side of this there is also the emotional healing to it. For these boys to see how much that a community cares about them is huge!
My amazing boss, and friend Mardy. I can't thank you enough for all the love and support you have shown to us duing this entire time. Even after working at the Peak for over a year and my kids have had thousands of parties and classes there, they love to come and get so excited every time. They love everything about the Peak, and so do I. I know it is because of all the hard work from Mardy, we love you. And also thank you to my good friend Christa for all your help. I know you are a busy woman but we appreciate all you have done. And also thanks to all those who donated items and helped out. The love and support we feel in overwhelming.
I'm not really sure what this is all about but it looks like a fun tug of war. Maybe can someone explain this picture for me.
My heros! Firefighters, EMT's, hospital workers, air med crews, ambulance drivers, and my favorite of course Police Officers, you are all so amazing with what you do. It takes an amazing person to be able to help others in an emergency. You are saving peoples lives and you have saved my son! I don't know how to repay someone for helping save your sons life. We still have a long ways to go with our beautiful boy, but we are still progressing. He is still moving at a snails pace but like I said before, I would wait as long as I had to, to see that boys smile. He is so special and so amazing. He teaches me so much. Thanks again to everyone, we love you!

2 comments:

Our Family said...

Oh Kali! It looks like the fundraiser was a huge success! I would have been there if I could. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers! We love you Tayton! Keep fighting!

Unknown said...


Very nice post, thanks for sharing the information. Keep up the good work.

non profit fundraiser