Thursday, December 13, 2012

A nice day

So I feel like I have been neglecting my little Tanna lately. I know she has been taken such good care of, but she needed some of my attention. I have been so overwhelmed with whats going on with Tayton that today I made sure just to focus on Tanna for a while. Levi went early to the hospital and me and Tanna slept in. We played toys together at the Ronald McDonald house why I did some laundry. Then we went back to our room and I gave her a bath and painted her fingernails and toenails. It was fun just to spend some good time together. ---------- Levi's aunts came to visit and took me and Tanna out for lunch. It was nice to see them. Then we went up to the hospital and Tayton was somewhat awake and Levi was reading a Star Wars book to him. Levi said his wound care went really good and his hands are getting so much better. They even measured him for his little compression gloves today. They should come in by next week sometime. He even did good during physical therapy today. They were able to get both hands into a full fist. You could tell it hurt but I am all ready using the bribing system to get him through therapy. He has physical therapy 2-3 times a day. I might be a poor woman when all this is over. I told him he get $1.00 every time he does his therapy. (Maybe he won't remember later and I can find another bribe.) Right now we are watching lego Star Wars and he gets mad if you get in his way. It's fun to see his personality is still there. I just love that boy so much and even though I have been with him the entire time, I have sure missed him. It's amazing how just showing a little bit of his personality can brighten up the day so much. --------- I am glad we had another good day. It was fun spending time together with my two beautiful children. Nothing changed on his ventilator setting today but they might try to lower it tomorrow. We will just have to see. Have a great night, love you most Tayton------- Tanna really really really loves to write on the blog so since I am having a hard time telling her no right now, here she is again.----- tanna abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz taytonn dog cat ka

2 comments:

Marilyn and Mike said...

Kali, how wonderful to spend mommy/daughter time together. I bet Tanna felt just like a princess and you were doubly blessed by the time to be able to relax and enjoy her. Tayton is such a trooper and it sounds like he is getting stronger every day - maybe that is what all his wiggling has been for, to save therapy time. For Tanna - thank you for your blogs, we love them. For Tayton - stay strong and keep healing. Take care and sleep tight.

*Heather* said...

I'm so glad Tayton you and Tanna got to spend time together and that Tayton is doing well! We are continually praying for Tayton and your family.