Friday, December 7, 2012

Best day ever!!!!

Today was such an amazing day, I am so happy!!!!!!!!! I got to the hospital this morning and he was opening his eyes. This time he was actually looking at me, and he knew I was there. I started talking to him like I always do, and he was responding to me. He was moving his feet, shaking his head, it was so fun to see him. I asked him if he wanted me to read him stories, so we read a couple stories. Then he wanted to watch Lego Ninjago. So I got to watch a movie with him. He couldn't sit up but he could see the t.v. It was so fun to watch that with him. I kept teasing him and asking him if the red ninja was Zayne and he just shook his head like I was crazy. He stayed alert for a couple of hours. It was so fun, then it was wound-care time.----------- Poor kid, they had to clean and change his bandages, and it was pretty painful for him you could tell, but he was so brave. He can't cry with the tube in his throat but there were definately tears and it was hard to watch. He kept moving his fingers and hands and he would hold move his hands up high so he could see what they looked like. He was fascinated with moving his arms up and down, it is kind of like a newborn when they don't have any control but they are trying. You could tell he was getting frustatred but trying so hard to concentrate. But he didn't seemed to scared when he saw his "new skin" on his hands. ----------- After wound care he was pretty exhausted so he took a nap. Then he started to have some drug withdrawls so they sedated him more and now he is sleeping. It was a pretty big day and it was fun to tell him all the exciting things that had happened. I told him he got to ride in a helicopter here, but he didn't remember. He does not like the tube in his throat but I told him he had to keep it in so he was safe and he seemed to stop fighting it. The great news is that his doctor said if he keeps improving and no more setbacks, maybe just maybe he can get off the ventilator sometime next week. I'm trying to not get too excited. They lowered his ventilator settings and he is still doing great. He is getting rid of a lot of the fluid. I am one happy mother today. Remember my fortune cookie, soon someone will make you very proud, well it came true today.------------Oh the other issue of the day is his infection in his lungs is from staff infection that is resistant to some antibiotics. So they switched his antibiotics again and this time they should work to clear up his little lungs. ----------------- It was so sweet to actually see our little boy today. His personality is still there so now he is starting to look and act like our little Tayton and that is the best Christmas present I could ask for!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the great work Tayton, we are so proud of you. It was fun to play with you today and I hope we have so many more great days together. I love you most, mom

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful news, good reason to cheer and to keep praying for more "best days ever"....

Jared & Tami said...

HOORRRAYYYYYYY!!!!! That is the best news ever!!!!! So happy for you guys! PRaying Tayton keeps improving!!!

jhjonze said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so Very happy for you!

Marilyn and Mike said...

This is wonderful news - praying for more improvements! The sun shone today on Tayton and all his family for sure! Sleep tight -

christa said...

WOW! Is what I told Levi. So happy for you guys. We will keep you all in our prayers.

Shawn and Whitney said...

Yay! We love you buddy. Keep getting better! You are an amazing mom Kali.