Saturday, December 8, 2012

Woo hoo!

We had another great day today! Tayton wasn't as busy as yesterday but we still had fun today. He was watching cartoons when I got here this morning. We read a couple of stories today, and I showed him the cute movie that our ward made for him. It was so sweet and you could tell he loved it. We are trying our best not to over-stimulate him. He gets tired really easy, and little noises can make him very anxious. After he watched the movie from our ward he was so tired and he is sleeping right now. He has slept most part of the day, but when he wakes up he is happy and it is so fun to seem him get better!------------Another huge improvement of the day is we went down on his ventilator settings. He is now on what you call support. Where basically he is doing all the breathing on his own, but the ventilator is just helping him a little bit, instead of the ventilator doing all the breathing. We are getting pretty close to taking him off, maybe in the next 4-5 days. I can't wait. Then he will be able to talk and eat and you can tell he wants to do both. He tries talking sometimes because you can see his lips moving. He is pretty funny, I put a blanket on him earlier and he just kicked it off. He lets you know what he likes and doesn't like even without speaking. He did really good today during his wound care. He kept looking at his arms and you could tell he was so curious. We told him his new skin is looking good, but you can tell he didn't really think so. The doctor then told him it will get better every day and I think it calmed him down a little. ----------I am so happy we got two amazing days in a row. He is doing so much better. I didn't think this was even possible after the really hard days we had earlier, I am so amazed. Thanks for all the prayers and support. We know our little guy is so strong and I am just so grateful to be his mom. He is so special and he makes me smile. I love you so much bud, keep up the great work. I love you more, mom--------------- Someone just burned some popcorn. Who burns something in the burn ICU, honestly it might send me or someone else into some post traumatic stress. The hallways are smoking and it's kind of huring my eyes. Anyway I just thought that was a bit crazy that something was burning in the burn unit. Glad we are all ok though and it was just popcorn.

2 comments:

Marilyn and Mike said...

Great news! These good days are the miracles we have been praying for. What a little trooper, he is such a special boy, and has the best mom ever! You are all in our thoughts and prayers

Michelle said...

I love reading your good day posts. I will b sure to pray for more good days.