Friday, December 28, 2012

Home sweet home

It is so nice to be home. Tayton says his favorite thing about being home is movies and legos. He is eating great. His main things he wanted when he came home was a happy meal and pizza. It is so fun to see him home and for us all to be together. We are still trying to find a good schedule. I have to do therapy with him 4-5 times a day and it is really hard. It is hard to put pain on your child and to watch him cry, but at the same time you know if you don't do it, it will cause more pain and damage in the future. He knows it is good for him and he is trying his best. Yesterday we went back to the burn unit for some therapy and a check-up. We will go 2-3 times a week for now. Levi went back to work and it is hard having him gone, but I know I had to let him go back to work sometime. Tanna is having so much fun just being home and playing with all of her toys. I am trying to unpack everything and make our house feel like home. It is hard because I want it all done but at the same time I want to enjoy playing with my kids. I'm sure we will find a good balance. Thanks again for all the support. I know he wouldn't be here without all the prayers. Mike and Marilyn, thanks for all your comments. We can't wait to meet you. Sorry you had to go through this too. You are amazing people, and even though I haven't met you, you mean a great deal to me and my family. Thanks again!

3 comments:

Christa said...

Glad your doing well at home but the bad part is your farther away from me. I will have to come visit next week. Sorry now is the not so fun therapy part, but may the force still be with you!

Marilyn and Mike said...

Dear Kali - we are so glad you are home, and before you know it you will have a routine all set. What you couldn't imagine as a way of life months ago will become your new normal and when you look back at this you'll be amazed at what you accomplished and how much you helped Tayton achieve - from putting together legos to holding his toothbrush, crayons, and most importantly being able to hold your hand! We are so sorry for all the pain Tayton has to endure as his skin grafts heal, and like you and Levi, Mike and I would have changed places with him in a heartbeat. We look forward to meeting you and your incredible Tayton and Tanna too. Remember to take each day one day at a time. Miracles continue to happen, no matter how small. You all remain in our thoughts and prayers. Mike and Marilyn

Crissi said...

So happy for you and your little family! Who says miracles have ceased? You are living a miracle yourself! There is plenty of time to settle in, just be sure to spend time doing what really matters-you'll never regret letting the housework go to spend time with your precious babes!

You've been through alot and you need to just to rest and relax as much as you can for now.

Love to you and your family!