Monday, December 3, 2012

My little wiggler

From the first time I could feel my little guy kick, I knew we were in trouble. This kid has not stopped moving. Even on crazy sedation medication he is still wiggling. It was a rough morning, he would not calm down. He kept fighting and moving and his heart rate went really high again and he had issues with breathing. He had another of those fun mucus plugs, which was pretty scary. They ended up taking off his ventilator and just using a hand pump while they got rid of the plug that was blocking some of his breathing. Once they got rid of that then he settled right down and has been pretty calm the rest of the day. They did switch his sedation medication to see if that would help. We will see.-------------He has been pretty stable the rest of the day. His vitals are looking great and they went lower on his ventilator settings. He is getting another pick line today, so hopefully that goes ok. ---------- So today I went shopping on my computer and I ordered me my own Christmas present. I decided I wanted one of those cute necklaces with all your kids names on them, and with little jewels of their birthstones. I am kind of excited about it and I hope it gets here soon. --------- I have to also tell you this funny story. So a couple of days ago I was picking out a movie with Tanna at the nurses desk and a patient in one of the rooms asked if Tanna was my grand-daughter. I told her no and asked her if how she was feeling. That was the wrong question to ask her. She just started bawling and bawling. She told the nurses that she was going to take them to jail because they won't let her leave. Also another guy I could hear yelling at the nurses. There are some interesting people here in the burn unit. We have also met some really wonderful families here though. Overall I know Tayton couldn't be in any better hands. The doctors and nurses here are amazing. Well just really small improvements today but again we are at least moving up. Keep up the great work bud, we love you!

1 comment:

Marilyn and Mike said...

Kali - we hope Tayton continues to improve with the lower medication settings and has more restful times. You remain in our thoughts and prayers every day. Take care and hang in there.