Sunday, December 2, 2012

More improvement!

Today was another uphill day, we are going very slowly but I am so happy we are headed in the right direction. The major events that happened today were he went down on his ventilator setting a tiny bit. They don't want to push him to hard because we don't want to go backwards again.---- They took him off his heart medication. His heart is enlarged because of all the fluid so they put him on some medication to get his heart to squeeze better. With getting rid of some of the fluid his heart is able to pump a ton better. He seems to be just fine getting off of it, but he had his second EKG today, but we will know the results later. I always knew he had a big heart!------- The fluid coming out of the tubes from his lungs and belly is slowing down a lot and he is peeing more, which is exactly what they want to see. He still has a lot of fluid still on him, but he is making progress. They took him off all but one of his water pills, and that one they are going to take him off tomorrow and see if he can still pee on his own.------- So the only medications he is on are the antibiotics, sedation medication, pain medication, and pediasure for his feeding tube. So we are getting down on the medications, so I am excited.---------------- The concerns are still fluid, we have to get rid of that, his liver is still a lot bigger then it needs to be. But that should come down when the fluid comes down, but the doctor said it might take weeks. But it is still working. His lungs sound better to me but we still need to clear up his pneumonia. And his little metabolism is so high that he burns through the pain and sedation medication a lot faster then he should. So when it starts to wear off he gets mad, and tries to sit up. His heart rate goes up and he starts fighting with the ventilator. So I try my best to keep him calm. It is so fun to talk to him and he has been able to open his eyes for 10-15 seconds. I don't know if he realizes what is going on. It is hard to see him struggle when he comes to but at the same time I like it because he is moving and I get to see his beautiful big brown eyes. I think he just gets scared and doesn't know where he is or what is going on, so I try to comfort him but I know myself from being on a ventilator it is pretty scary. Overall things are moving forward and that is huge for us.----------- I got to be with my little Tanna since Friday night but she went back home with Grandma and Grandpa. Today we snuck over again to the toy room at Primary Childrens and played Barbies. It was so fun to get to spend time together as a family and she is doing so much better with Tayton. It is so cute to see her talk to her brother and blow him kisses. I loved loved loved being able to say family prayer together and have our entire family together. What a wonderful blessing to have my little family all together. I can't wait for when we get to all be at home together and say prayer, but right now I will take what I can get. Maybe one day I'll look back and read these posts and realize how good life is to just have your family all together and happy and not take little things like that for granted. So please learn from me and take time to realize how blessed you are and how lucky it is to have the ones you love with you. Thanks again for all the prayers and support. Keep them coming please, please pray for pee! Have a good night, Kali

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Tayton!!!!! We will keep praying!!! Tev and Ty ask about him every day. Thanks for letting us know how he is doing. He's an amazing kid!

WW said...

So happy to hear! We attended your ward(Maybe old ward) today for my sisters baby blessing. It was so touching to hear the prayers and testimonies that included Tayton in them. He truly is loved and prayers are being said constantly for him.
Brooke

Crissi said...

Awesome news Kali! So glad for Tayton's progress. So glad for your family getting to be together for family prayer. We do often take the small things in life for granted.

Linda said...

Kali, I don't know what sedation medication they have Tayton on, but my dad was on propofol, and it caused serious halucinations. After he got better and was able to tell us about the dreams he was having, it was so sad to realize what he had been going through. It was confusing to him what was real life and what was the halucinations. Those few minutes he wakes up, keep assuring him that you are there and this is reality and that you love him and that everything will be ok. I know you do, but I thought it might help you to know why he might be trying to get up and is restless when the medication wears off a little. Hang in there!

Marilyn and Mike said...

Kali - thank you a million times over for sharing Tayton's days with us. It is good to hear of the baby steps he is making and we know in our hearts he is on his way to making huge strides. Our families ask about him every day and want you to know you are all in their thoughts and prayers. Tayton's journey in healing has had a ripple affect going from family to family and community to community. You are the best mom there could be - take care.....Mike and Marilyn