Friday, December 14, 2012

Team Tayton!

They came!!! We got our team Tayton shirts and I was so excited, I put mine on right away. Tayton liked our shirts! We had a really great day, we watched Star Wars together, we read Christmas books together, and listened to Christmas music. It was really nice. Tayton was able to communicate really well and is getting stronger each day. I asked him if he was happy and he moved his hand yes. It was so fun and I even got some good hugs in today. I talked to him about the fire and he remembers a lot. He even told me he put his face and hands in some snow. I asked him if he was mad at me for not picking him up that day from school and he said he wasn't, so that made me feel so much better because I am still mad at myself for not doing that. At least he isn't mad at me and he really is happy right now. He loves watching his Star Wars and listening to his playlist of songs. He also got some Ninjago legos and he loved just looking at the box and I am so proud of myself. I figured out who the green ninja was. I had to look it up on the internet because Tayton was trying so hard to tell me, he was happy I figured it out.----------- My friends Christa and Mardi came to visit today and it was so fun to see them. They were so sweet to me and I don't know how I will ever repay them for the wonderful things they have done for me and my family. Thank you also to all the community who have helped us out. It is crazy to me that such a crazy horrible accident has changed us so much and I hope I can pay all of this forward one day. Also this morning it was fun to see Taytons flag football coach. He stayed at the Ronald McDonald house last year and he is helping to serve now. I am hoping I can do the same at the Ronald McDonald house. It is such a great blessing to have that so close to the hospital and that we have a place to go to sleep and shower. I never realized how much they really help families.---------- Tayton was just reaching for something and I couldn't figure out what it was. Finally I realized he wanted my water mug and I told him he couldn't have any water. Poor kid, the tears just came coming because he was so thirsty. I feel so helpless sometimes. I just had to explain to him that once that tube comes out he can have lots to drink. Hopefully his lungs will get better soon and we can try again. I am mentally a little better then on Monday, so hopefully next time we take the ventilator out I will be more prepared and can handle it a little better.------- On a sad note today I turned on the news and just cried about that school shooting. I just can't imagine what the parents are going through. I know what it is like to have your entire world turned upside down, but my story will have a happy ending. My kids are still here with me and even though he is on tubes and tons of medication, I can still hug and kiss him. I feel so bad for those families. So tonight instead of praying for pee, I am going to pray for those families for comfort and peace. I know it won't come soon but I hope they feel our prayers. I know the power of prayer is so real and it can uplift you in your darkest moments. I want others to feel that same way to when they need it. So help me again to please pray for those families. ----------Tayton I am so proud of you and how far you have come. I am so proud of your amazing attitude through all of this and that even though you have go through so much you still find a way to be happy. You amaze me every day. I don't know how I got to be so lucky to be your mom. You are such a special kid and I can't imagine my life without you in it. I can't imagine a world without you in it. You light up any room you walk into. I love you so much, mom

2 comments:

Holmes said...

Happy to hear it was a good day with Tayton and that he can communicate so well. I feel so bad that he can't have water. We pray his lungs will get better soon. We are also praying for those families. We are grateful to be your friends.

Marilyn and Mike said...

Kali - what an amazing day - Team Tayton rocks for sure! You have such a great family and community praying for Tayton's recovery, and for extra strength for you. We pray that the next time they take the ventilator out he will be able to go longer and his little lungs will do better. As always, you are all in our thoughts and prayers.