Friday, December 21, 2012

Amazing day!

Tayton had such an amazing day. He had a visit with the speech therapist last night and they said he could start eating ice cream. He enjoyed eating it for the most part. Still pretty hard to do, but he is improving so much every day. Today he showed me how he could walk on his own. He took a few steps to me and gave me a big hug and kiss, then he turned back to sit on his bed. I must say that is the best present I could have ever asked for. It was amazing. He did so good today, and I just hope he doesn't over do it.-----------I brought Tanna down with me and it was so fun to just be together as a family. We watched movies together and Levi and Tayton put legos together. It was so fun Oh and we also switched rooms so now we have a window room. They had to move a lot of patients around but it worked out nice so now we have just a small window but just having a window makes a huge difference.---------His voice is getting better every day and he gets stronger every day. So hopefully we only have a week or two left here, but if we have to stay longer that will be fine to. I am just so happy I have my children still here. Last night was really a lot of fun for me. Even though I missed Tayton terribly, I loved watching my Tanna in her pre-school performance. She sang really good and looked so beautiful. Then after I had a nice chat with my parents about everything that happened. Then we went back to our new house and we watch Barbie, the Princess and the Popstar. We have seen that 1,000 times but last night it was special. Normally I just turn it on and go do my own thing but it was great quality time together. Tayton is pretty tired and we are ready for bed. So have a great night and enjoy the time you have with your families. Keep up the great work Tayton, we are so proud of you. We have a big surprise in store for him tomorrow. Thanks Aunt Christa!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

So proud of Tayton for taking steps! He is doing so great! Tell him hi and keep up the good work!

Marilyn and Mike said...

Kali - what an amazing gift you have given us all today. It is heartwarming to hear about Tanna's program and watching the Barbie movie together. Family is so precious everything takes on new meaning and excitement - even Barbie movies! We are so grateful Tayton continues to improve. He is making huge strides in all his "firsts" - talking, eating, walking, and hugs which are priceless. Having met your parents, we can see where you get your strength, love and compassion from. They must be very proud of you. My dad told me the highest compliment you could pay someone is to say they are a good person and Kali - that is you, you are a very good person. You all remain in our thoughts and prayers. PS...yes, the window may be small, but is a giant morale booster.