Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Very calm day

Tayton is doing better today. He was very relaxed and calm. Yesterday his heart rate got to the 180's and today it is the lowest I have seen it since we got here. Average child is 60-80 but they said burn patients are always a little higher. His has been average in the 90's which means he is very relaxed and calm. Just what mom and Tayton needed today. Basically today was just trying to recover from yesterday. They had to give him some more medications to help his body deal with some of the stress from yesterday.--------- His little lungs are still very very sick. We are going to round two with a different antibiotic. He also now has a UTI (urinary tract infection) so the new antibiotics should clear up both infections. Hopefully those will clear up and his lungs will get strong enough so he can start breathing on his own and get him off the venitlator. Then we won't have to sedate him anymore. ---------- With all these setbacks it is looking very doubtful that he will be home by Christmas. My new goal is for him to be off the ventilator and not sedated so he actually knows that it is Christmas. That would be a great Christmas to see him off the ventilator. Best present I could have. If not you might just have to drive by my house sometime in February and see Christmas lights and a Christmas tree being put up. We will still have Christmas, just not when everyone else is celebrating. This is definately going to be a December to remember I can tell you that much.--------- So my amazing sister came today for lunch and brought me panda express. I got my fortune cookie and this is what it said.
I was so happy I got that. My favorite part about that though was soon. I take that meaning a couple of weeks. Then she showed me this sweet quote by Elizabeth Smart and it really helped me today.--------- "Nobody is trial-free, but we have a choice," she said. "We can choose to allow our experiences to hold us back, and to not allow us to become great or achieve greatness in this life. Or we can allow our experiences to push us forward, to make us grateful for every day we have and to be all the more thankful for those who are around us." Thanks everyone for all you do for us. I love all the sweet comments people leave us, the sweet letters, phone calls, and other amazing things you do for us. We are so blessed, and blessed to spend another day with our son, and to have our daughters safe. We'll keep praying for you bud, we love you so much. Keep dreaming good dreams. I love you most, mom

4 comments:

Marilyn and Mike said...

Kali - we are so thankful for a calm and restful day, and pray for a good night for you both. Mike and Marilyn

Lesha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holmes said...

You guys are awesome. We will help you decorate for Christmas in February if you want. We love the updates and are praying for all of you. Keep being awesome

WW said...

So grateful for a better day. I hope you were able to rest and take care of yourself also. Will continue to pray for Taytons lungs to heal and to allow the sedation medication to work. I also pray for you to get rest and have the energy to care for Tayton.
Brooke