Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ahhhh, back to my comfort zone

Yep thats right, we are back home in our little burn ICU. It is so nice to be back and know all my sweet nurses, doctors, therapists, and back to blue gloves and blue gowns. I don't know why I had a mental breakdown but don't worry I am feeling so much better. Everyone says Primarys is the best but not to many people get to be with this amazing staff over here. We are so lucky to have such amazing people to take good care of us. I did love some things about Primarys but overall so happy to be back.------ So Tayton was able to sleep a couple of hours last night which has been huge. He keeps having nightmares and wakes up screaming. Last night I slept in his bed with him and for the first time he didn't wake up screaming. He did really good and both of us were able to sleep a bit. Then this morning we got to play hospital bingo and Tayton won some prizes. He was pretty excited. Then we had some music therapy come in. At first he just looked dazed and not really there. By the end he was smiling and playing instruments. It was really fun for him. That is something I will miss at Primarys. Then life flight had to trasfer us back to the U of U. I think it is so funny they come, this time he got to go back in a wheelchair. Before we left though they let us sit and look out the window for about 10 minutes. Tayton really enjoyed looking out, and we loved trying to figure out what the clouds looked like. ---------Then we came back to the burn unit and I felt like I was home again. It is amazing how comfy I feel in this place. I just love all the people here. The people at primarys were amazing to, but I just haven't made that bond with them like I have here. But Tayton is doing a little better breathing. I just think we were pushing him to hard. If you think about where he has come from this has got to be so overwhelming for him. So our goal is to just slow down, take our time to heal, and just enjoy cuddling and spending time together. It's ok if we just sit and do nothing. Hopefully it might help to process all of this. So our goals for him and me are just to relax and breathe. So grateful again for all the prayers and support. Have a great night. We sure will.

1 comment:

Marilyn and Mike said...

Kali - I'm glad you are back to your comfort zone with the doctors and nurses who have become your family away from home. The staff sounds fantastic and I bet they all have Tayton in their thoughts and prayers when they are home, and can't wait to see how he is the next day. Sounds funny but I understand about blue! It is a calming color and reminds me of the outdoors and the sky. I'm glad you were able to cuddle and sleep with him for the night, you both needed the comforting sleep. Remember you are in our thoughts and prayers every day. Mike and Marilyn