Tuesday, December 11, 2012

We are a Family

Tayton had a nice, relaxing calm day. He is somewhat sedated but he comes to every now and then. He seems pretty calm but is really, really tired today. The doctor said we are just going to give him a break today because all of us need one, including him. Really nothing is going to change in the next week besides lowering his ventilator settings like before. Basically the doctor says all he needs is time to get his lungs stronger. Really nothing major today, just trying to recover. They did have to put his feeding tube back in so that was really the only precedure done today. I'm glad my boy still gets to eat. The exciting news of the day is Tayton got a surprise package in the mail here at the hospital today. It was a signed team picture of the USU Aggie Basketball team. I know Tayton will love it. (Thanks Heather!) And they have basketball games until March so we are going to take Tayton to a few. That was one thing he asked for is after the football games were over he wanted to go to a basketball games. While we were going to school there Tayton went to a bunch of games when he was about a year old and he always have loved them. I can't wait to do lots of things with him when we are out of here.
My sister found this quote for me and I loved it. "Since before any of us were born, God planned for us to share our lives together. He knew exactly how our strengths and weaknesses would balance one another, and the depth of love, understanding and commitment we would learn to feel. He knew that the richness of our seperate characters would be developed through hard times, and that mutual trust and respect would be born as a result of overcoming the trials together and cry together. He knew that we would need each other to hug...to help...to teach...to serve...and to love!"
I just wanted to say thanks to my family for all the love and support they have shown to us. I know I am not the most pleasant person to be around right now and they stick with me. Thank you to my amazing husband for letting me cry on your shoulder and just hugging me though it all. He has been so strong through all of this. I don't know how he remains so calm when I feel like my world is crashing down. I know I am not the only one going through this and that this is a huge trial for Levi too. He helps me so much and I know I just add to his stress because he has to help me get through this. Thanks for being so amazing Levi, I love. I know where Tayton gets his strength from. You are a great dad and husband. Thanks for all you do!---------- We were watching a Christmas show tonight and the song Silent Night came on. I loved the part sleep in heavenly peace. I hope that is what Tayton is doing when he is sleeping. Sleep in Heavenly peace tonight sweetheart. We all love you so much, and we will be here with whatever you need. Keep doing your best! I love you most, mom

1 comment:

Marilyn and Mike said...

Kali - thank you for sharing your amazing family pictures and daily blogs with us. Today has been a good day for all, and with the well needed rest and more peaceful sleep you'll be able to conquer mountains tomorrow. When my mother was going through some really tough cancer treatments a best friend would ask - how was her day, and I would sometimes say, not so good. She told me to take each day by itself and to find the good in what had happened to make even part of it a good day - it helped me a lot and helped keep my spirits up. My mom was also on a ventilator and the first time they tried to take her off, she barely made it 10 minutes. Each time they removed it, she could go longer and she strengthened her lungs and finally made it off completely. It can be a slow go, but miracles happen. Take care - you are all in our thoughts and prayers.