Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Oh my

What a day, what a day. Where do I even begin. Basically the entire day he was just thrashed and thrashed and thrashed. He would not stop moving. I lost count after 6 sedation medications. They had him on twice the ammounts they give to adults and it didn't even phase him. The doctor sat with us for 2 1/2 hours watching him. There were two nurses with him all day and basically it took all of us to try to hold him. The big worry about him moving is pulling the breathing tube out and all the other tubes he has connected. One nurse just sat there holding the breathing tube in. It was a very long, hard, and stressful day. The doctor says he only sees someone like this about every two years. So we had to end the day with the paralyzing medicine again, and guess what, the kid still wiggles even when he is paralyzed. I can't believe how strong he is. So we are moving backwards. His heart rate is super high, and he was having a hard time breathing so we had to go backwards on his vent settings. I know we would have some hard days in here, and today was one of the hardest. I had really great nurses who were here the entire time and barely left for 12 hours. They are amazing.----------- So I know I have been telling you all to pray for pee and it has been working great, but now I think we need some prayers to help some sedation medicine actually work. He is such a stubborn kid and such a fighter. The doctor said he thinks that Tayton thinks he is actually going to get free and get that tube out of his throat. We are not going to let this stubborn kid win this fight. Even if we have to get three nurses and me pinning him down. So please help me in praying that he will settle down, and calm down so he can heal. Thank you all for you help, we love you all. ----------Tayton- I hope you can dream about legos and pirates. I promise when this is all better I will take you to Lego Land. You can wiggle and run and play as much as your little heart desires, but for right now I need you to relax, and calm down and let your body heal. You are so strong and so amazing, but please listen to your mother. I love you so much and you are coming home with me. Just relax so it can be sooner then later. I love you most! Mom

7 comments:

snappy heidi said...

Thank you so much for sharing each day. I check each night for updates and include you all in my prayers. We have a little boy (almost 6) and I can't imagine what you are going through. You are strong and so is your little guy. I pray he will be better soon.
Heidi Yates

Michelle said...

I will pray extra hard for Tayton tonight! He is a great kid and you are an amazing mom! Thanks for your posts.

christa said...

Kali..stay strong. We pray for Tayton in our prayers all day and I know so many prayers are being said for him and your family by your family, friends and our whole ward. Tayton you can do this..we love you!

Torri P said...

Hi Kali. I am a friend of your sister. I grew up in Perry and when I heard some boys from Perry were burnt it was immediately close to my heart. I think you were friends with my sister Tiffany Williams. Anyways, Christa shared this link and I have been reading with tears in my eyes. You have an amazing testimony. Will be praying for your son, and you, and your family. Stay strong!

Michelle said...

We are a fellow LEO family and I have been reading your blog with a broken heart but also in awe of your faith and strength and endurance. I pray for your little Tayton and for you and the rest of your family. I pray that this trial will be but a small moment, though it will probably take awhile to feel that way. Just the fact that you are a LEO wife tells me that you are a strong gal and can handle what you are dealt. God be with you, holding you up and healing your boy. Love the Neff Family (UHP)

Unknown said...

Kali,
I went to the temple this morning and had Tayton on my mind the whole time...so I put him on the prayer roll. I just read this, thank heavens for family on the other side helping too. We love you guys, your all in our prayers!

Marilyn and Mike said...

Kali - thank you always for sharing with us, even though it breaks our hearts and we read every word through tears. You truly have an amazing son to fight so hard and be so strong. I know everyone's prayers are helping Tayton and we will pray for his little body to be calm and restful so he can heal and recuperate. Mike and Marilyn