Thursday, December 6, 2012

Secret Santa

It's official, we have now been here over three weeks. I look back at my earlier posts, and thought I would have been out of here by now. I'm glad at the time that I didn't know the extent of what was going to happen. We are no where near being able to go home and I'm ok with that, as long as it takes to get my boy home.-------- Today has been pretty good. No major improvements, but no major setbacks either, so that is a great day in my book. The doctor said he was holding his own today. He did get a new venitlaor thing today, not really sure what it does or how to describe it. Basically it is new to the hospital and they only had two for the entire hospital and Tayton was one of the lucky two to get the new one. It basically just gives more info on his breathing then the other one did.---------- We had a really sweet morning, my parents came and said there was a suprise outside for me. Lately I have really started hating suprises because they haven't been all that great. But this was a really sweet surprise and made my day. I walked out to the waiting room and this is what I found.
Here we are talking to the dj's on 97.1 They did a sub for santa for us.
One spoiled little girl, it was so fun to see her smile.
Here is the letter that one of the boys moms sent to the radio station: On November 15th Tayton along with 4 other boys was burned by Gasoline when walking home from school. His injuries were the most severe of any of the boys and we are hoping he can be home by Christmas. Although Dr\'s are saying not to put a time frame on his recovery. As you can imagine Taytons family has a lot on their plate. Every minute can be different in the burn unit and the pain and stress and heartbreak associated with watching your child go through this is unimaginable. Tayton's mother Kali is so strong and so positive and is an inspiration to so many. My son was also injured from this incident and while he was in the burn unit (5 days) Kali was what got me through, every time I would feel like I was breaking down and couldn't handle the task of being strong, Kali would magically appear at our room to check on me and my son and tell him how great he was doing and how strong he was, She was my angel. No parent should ever have to see their child endure the things that poor Tayton has, as well as trying to be strong and keep calm for her unborn child and young daughter, Kali and Levi are the reason their sweet little boy is so strong. He is able to fight because they are there to hold him up. I do not know the cost of Tayton's medical bills, but I do know that Kali is unable to work and she is staying at the Ronald Mcdonald house near the hospital so she can spend every minute with her little guy, that means a lot of back and forth trips for her as well as her husband and family so she can see her daughter etc. The drive from Perry to the U of U burn center is over an hour one way and gas for that daily trip is very expensive, not to mention meals and anything else that may be needed in daily life. I want to submit the Winward family because they each hold such a special place in my heart and I would like to give back some peace and reassurance like Kali did for me. I have been listening to your show for years and I know this families story will mean as much to you as it does to me and our whole community. Please let me know if there is anything else you need from me or if you can make this happen for them. Thank you so much, - Amber Jones ---------------------- This was a really sweet letter, but I think she has done more for me then I could ever do for her. Thanks so much for doing this for our little family. We are so blessed. Hopefully we can repay all of the blessings we have been given. We plan on paying this forward! Keep fighting Tayton, we are so proud of you! Love you most, mom

2 comments:

M. Davis said...

What a beautiful letter! You inspire us all Kali and Levi. I will pray for sweet Tayton to hold still and for his sedation medications to work better. I have to admit that it totally sounds like him to wiggle so much. :). He is such an active little thing. I think he needs his teacher to help him wiggle a little less. :)

Marilyn and Mike said...

What a special day, and what a special treat for Tanna! You could see how much her smiles and excitement lifted you and your family's spirits. What a blessing for Tayton to get one of the two new ventilators! We hope it will help the doctors in helping him heal and breathe easier. You and your family continue to have the love and support of the entire community as well as most of northern Utah - Tayton is touching everyone's lives in ways you can't imagine. He stays in our thoughts and prayers.