Saturday, December 22, 2012

A very special visit

Can I just start out by saying my sister is the best! She had some very special visitor come for Tayton today. He loved it so much!
First Princess Leia came into his room and talked to him. She said she had some other friends waiting for him outside. He was very excited to see them.
Here Levi is taking him to see all the special friends waiting to see him.
Family photo, minus one little four year old who was not a big fan of the Star Wars friends.
This is my favorite. Just the look in his eyes was priceless. For the first time I saw complete joy, like nothing in the world could ever be better. What an amazing moment to share with my son.
I think even the amazing staff at the burn unit even enjoyed the visit. The respiratory therapist said he had goosebumps from seeing princess Leia. ----------Thanks aunt Christa for the special visit. I don't know how in this life I can ever top this present. It was huge and brightened his day. He was so excited to show everyone how good he could walk. He took a few steps by himself. Still a bit wobbly but like Darth Vader said "The Force is strong with this one." And a very special thank you to our new friends who made this possible. I can't begin to tell you what this meant to my boy and to us. Thank you, thank you, thank you for lifting a little boys spirit. -----------Also Taytons first grade teacher came to visit. He loves her and he was a little tired when she was here, but he talked and talked about her after she left. She brought some amazing presents, and his favorite was the Christmas tree hat that sings and dances. So many fun visitors today. One special little boy!

2 comments:

Marilyn and Mike said...

Kali - I am sitting here smiling with tears in my eyes - what a very special treat and the pictures are worth a thousand words! Tayton's little face is beautiful, and the sparkle in his eyes is fantastic. He is an inspiration to us all. I love that Darth Vador told him the force is strong within him because you can just see it and the look on his face looking at you is priceless. Thank you again for sharing - we will all sleep easier tonight knowing he had such a wonderful day and is making strides. Before you know it he will be running with Tanna behind him giggling and trying to catch up. You are in our hearts and prayers, sleep tight. Mike and Marilyn

Unknown said...

How fun! I can't imagine how much that would mean to him. He will remember it forever!